This ankle foot orthosis (AFO) features two interchangeable forefoot attachments. These two different attachments means that it can be worn with either slip-on or laced shoes, as well as when one is barefoot. If you are using the shoe attachment, you are able to lace the vinyl inlay into your shoe using the eyelets and the bottom laces of your shoe. When wearing the brace barefoot, you simply just slide the sleeve onto the forefoot. The AFO leg brace is indicated for treatment of foot drop, dorsiflexion injury, stroke patients, or people dealing with leg muscle disorders. Foot drop refers to the inability to lift the front of the foot off the ground by contracting the muscles of one’s shins, a movement known as dorsiflexion. This soft foot drop brace supports the upper portion of the foot so that one can move about with a comfortable stride. Unlike many other AFO braces for foot drop, this brace is made a soft, flexible material that easily fits within shoes. This material is a breathable foam laminate that makes it comfortable to wear. The straps of the foot drop brace are constructed of nylon material that attach to the center release buckle. These contact release buckles make it easy to switch between the different attachments. Velcro closures on the wrap also make it easy to adjust the amount of compression applied to the leg. The cushioned ankle wrap provides comfortable support so you can wear the brace for long periods of time. The open design also makes it quite breathable and low-profile. This construction helps it to fit easily and comfortably within shoes. The AFO brace is available in two different sizes, S/M and L/XL. To determine which size you need, measure the circumference around the base of your heel.
- BEFORE PURCHASING please view our size chart (the 2nd image above). Size L/XL fits ankle circumferences ranging from 9.5″-12.5″ and can be worn on your RIGHT OR LEFT FOOT, with or without a sock.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN to manage pain and discomfort caused by post stroke foot drop, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, diabetic neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, and more!
- CONVENIENT, INTERCHANGEABLE INSERTS allow brace to be worn with a laced shoe, slip-on shoe, sandal, or barefoot.
- LOW PROFILE, OPEN HEEL DESIGN for enhanced breathability and an EASILY ADJUSTABLE buckle strap for customizable dorsiflexion control.
- HOLDS YOUR FOOT UPRIGHT while walking and running, preventing your foot from dragging across the floor and promoting a more natural gait.