For moderate and more severe symptoms: The SHEER 780 Series are part of the SIGVARIS MEDICAL collection and are designed to ensure correct fit and accurate compression. SIGVARIS MEDICAL products fit various lifestyles and are best suited for those with chronic venous disorders, edema, stasis, skin changes, and for those who have had or will be having a vein procedure.
How does graduated compression therapy help with the management of venous problems?
As a person walks, the contraction and relaxation of the calf muscles around the veins aid in moving blood toward the heart. The external graduated compression of SIGVARIS socks and stockings act as a layer of muscle by gently squeezing the stretched vein walls together, allowing the valves to close. The cavity of the vein is reduced, thereby restoring blood flow to a normal state and aiding overall circulation.
To be most effective, the socks or stockings should be put on at the start of your day and removed before you go to bed. Some people have an inherited weakness of the vein walls or valves which creates additional challenges to venous return. Wearing SIGVARIS graduated compression socks or stockings is vital for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and other circulatory problems.
The Swiss company SIGVARIS, 100% family-owned since it was founded, is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments and celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2014. The company was established in 1864 in Winterthur. For about 100 years, SIGVARIS produced “rubber-elastic textiles”, which it sold both in Switzerland and abroad.
With over 8 million pairs of stockings created in 2015, The Swiss Group SIGVARIS has its headquarters in Switzerland and is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments. The Group pursues an international growth strategy on the solid foundation of more than 150 years of success.
- TOP QUALITY: Formerly known as Eversheer, the fibers in Sheer are innovative in the sense that they enhance performance and durability. We use high-filament synthetics and channeled polyesters blended with cotton which wick away moisture.
- HIGH STANDARDS: All Sigvaris products are listed as Class 1(general edema) and Class 2(blood flow) with the FDA. Along with being ISO(International Organization for Standardization) certified, this proves that our products truly benefit customers.
- ORIGIN: Born in Switzerland. Made in the USA. People buy and wear compression garments for the prevention and treatment of certain issues, such as leg comfort and prevention of DVT during long-distance travel and the treatment of leg swelling and vein issues.
- SIZING: Our knitting machines regulate stitch length and yarn tension while shaping the fabric to a leg model for the best fit. The compression level of these socks is 20-30mmHg, which was crafted with the most precise sizing chart in the industry.
- MATERIALS MATTER: Every single one of our products is made of natural and synthetic fibers and contains no animal products. Made of 64% Nylon, 36% Spandex; Latex-Free, Sigvaris makes products that are effective, durable, and of the highest quality.