For moderate and more severe symptoms: The SOFT OPAQUE 840 Series are part of the SIGVARIS MEDICAL collection and are designed to ensure correct fit and accurate compression. SIGVARIS MEDICAL products fit various lifestyles and are best suited for those with chronic venous disorders, edema, stasis, skin changes, and for those who have had or will be having a vein procedure.
How does graduated compression therapy help with the management of venous problems?
As a person walks, the contraction and relaxation of the calf muscles around the veins aid in moving blood toward the heart. The external graduated compression of SIGVARIS socks and stockings act as a layer of muscle by gently squeezing the stretched vein walls together, allowing the valves to close. The cavity of the vein is reduced, thereby restoring blood flow to a normal state and aiding overall circulation.
To be most effective, the socks or stockings should be put on at the start of your day and removed before you go to bed. Some people have an inherited weakness of the vein walls or valves which creates additional challenges to venous return. Wearing SIGVARIS graduated compression socks or stockings is vital for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and other circulatory problems.
The Swiss company SIGVARIS, 100% family-owned since it was founded, is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments and celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2014. The company was established in 1864 in Winterthur. For about 100 years, SIGVARIS produced “rubber-elastic textiles”, which it sold both in Switzerland and abroad.
With over 8 million pairs of stockings created in 2015, The Swiss Group SIGVARIS has its headquarters in Switzerland and is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments. SIGVARIS pursues an international growth strategy on the solid foundation of more than 150 years of success.
- TOP QUALITY: The fibers in our products are innovative in the sense that they enhance performance and durability. We use high-filament synthetics and channeled polyesters blended with cotton which wick away moisture to keep your feet dry.
- SIZING: Our knitting machines regulate stitch length and yarn tension while shaping the fabric to a leg model for the best fit. The compression level of these socks is 20-30mmHg, which was crafted with the most precise sizing chart in the industry.
- BENEFITS: People buy compression gear for a variety of issues – spider veins, varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency, DVT, and edema. These products help against these issues by preventing pooling in blood flow and general edema/swelling.
- MATERIALS MATTER: Every single one of our products is made of natural and synthetic fibers. We use only Merino wool (micron-count wool that feels like cashmere) and are the only manufacturer using Supima cotton. Also silicone and animal-product free.
- COMFORT: Our fabric provides thermal control to keep feet cool, dry, and comfortable. These products are built with Achilles tendon protectors to reduce vibrations to vulnerable ligaments & footbed and toe cushion zones to help prevent blisters.