From petite to plus, SELECT COMFORT offers a complete line of sizes designed to fit more than 99% of the population. For moderate and more severe symptoms, Select Comfort feature lasting microfiber softness in medical graduated compression hosiery.
How does graduated compression therapy help with the management of venous problems?
As a person walks, the contraction and relaxation of the calf muscles around the veins aid in moving blood toward the heart. The external graduated compression of SIGVARIS socks and stockings act as a layer of muscle by gently squeezing the stretched vein walls together, allowing the valves to close. The cavity of the vein is reduced, thereby restoring blood flow to a normal state and aiding overall circulation.
By compressing the limb with graduated compression – strongest at the ankle and decreasing going u p the leg – the compression stocking helps the venous return, decreases venous pressure, prevents venous stasis, reduces edema and deterioration of venous walls, and relieves aching and heavy legs by aiding the body in moving blood up the leg against the pull of gravity.
To be most effective, the socks or stockings should be put on at the start of the day and removed before going to bed. Wearing SIGVARIS graduated compression is vital for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and other circulatory problems.
The Swiss company SIGVARIS, 100% family-owned since it was founded, is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments and celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2014. With over 8 million pairs of stockings created in 2015, SIGVARIS has its headquarters in Switzerland and employs over 1,500 people. SIGVARIS pursues an international growth strategy on the solid foundation of more than 150 years of success.
- From petite to plus, SELECT COMFORT offers a complete line of sizes designed to fit more than 99% of the population. For moderate and more severe symptoms, SIGVARIS thigh high stockings feature lasting microfiber softness in a medical compression hose.
- BEST FOR: Painful, fatigued, or aching legs, spider veins, post-vein treatment (stripping, ligation, phlebectomy, sclero, EVLT, RF ablation), orthostasis/postural hypotension, containment of venous edema and early stages of lymphedema
- COMPRESSION LEVEL: Graduated Compression of 30-40mmHg – Integrated pressure release zone with added length and reduced compression in foot area for improved comfort and increase venous blood flow.
- FRIENDLY TO YOUR SKIN: Featuring advanced moisture management that keeps legs cool and dry, the stretchy knit construction provides a high degree of elasticity. The comfortable material is constructed from double-covered yarn that easily glides on and off.
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE: Featuring a durable construction combined with a smooth opaque look for ultimate comfort. CARE: Hand washing is recommended, but you may machine wash on the gentle cycle with garment turned inside out.