For moderate and more severe symptoms: The EVERSHEER 780 Series are part of the SIGVARIS MEDICAL collection and are designed to ensure correct fit and accurate compression. SIGVARIS MEDICAL products fit various lifestyles and are best suited for those with chronic venous disorders, edema, stasis, skin changes, and for those who have had or will be having a vein procedure.
How does graduated compression therapy help with the management of venous problems?
As a person walks, the contraction and relaxation of the calf muscles around the veins aid in moving blood toward the heart. The external graduated compression of SIGVARIS socks and stockings act as a layer of muscle by gently squeezing the stretched vein walls together, allowing the valves to close. The cavity of the vein is reduced, thereby restoring blood flow to a normal state and aiding overall circulation.
To be most effective, the socks or stockings should be put on at the start of your day and removed before you go to bed. Some people have an inherited weakness of the vein walls or valves which creates additional challenges to venous return. Wearing SIGVARIS graduated compression socks or stockings is vital for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and other circulatory problems.
The Swiss company SIGVARIS, 100% family-owned since it was founded, is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments and celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2014. The company was established in 1864 in Winterthur. For about 100 years, SIGVARIS produced “rubber-elastic textiles”, which it sold both in Switzerland and abroad.
With over 8 million pairs of stockings created in 2015, The Swiss Group SIGVARIS has its headquarters in Switzerland and is the global market leader in the manufacture of medical compression garments. The Group pursues an international growth strategy on the solid foundation of more than 150 years of success.
- Ideal for business or dress attire, SIGVARIS Women’s EVERSHEER Compression Thigh Highs are fashionable, exceptionally sheer medical graduated compression hosiery. Features stylish Sensinnov Grip-top on for moisture management, comfort and no-slip wear.
- BEST FOR: Tired, achy legs; occupational or evening edema; leg discomfort from long hours of standing or sitting, varicosities and swelling during pregnancy; swelling and risk of DVT associated with travel
- COMPRESSION LEVEL: Graduated Compression of 15-20mmHg – Integrated pressure release zone with added length and reduced compression in foot area for improved comfort and increase venous blood flow.
- FRIENDLY TO YOUR SKIN: Excellent breathability and moisture management for added comfort. The stretchy knit construction provides a high degree of elasticity, making the stockings easy to put on and remove without compromising fit.
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE: Constructed from double-covered inlay yarns for softness against the skin. CARE: Hand washing is recommended, but you may machine wash on the gentle cycle with garment turned inside out.