SIGVARIS ACCESS compression stockings feature lasting microfiber softness in a graduated medical compression hose. This traditionally designed hosiery features a reinforced heel area, a wide toe area and is designed to stay in place.
SIGVARIS MEDICAL products fit various lifestyles and are best suited for those with chronic venous disorders, edema- stasis, skin changes, and for those who have had or will be having a vein procedure.
How does graduated compression therapy help with the management of venous problems?
As a person walks, the contraction and relaxation of the calf muscles around the veins aid in moving blood toward the heart. The external graduated compression of SIGVARIS socks and stockings act as a layer of muscle by gently squeezing the stretched vein walls together, allowing the valves to close. The cavity of the vein is reduced, thereby restoring blood flow to a normal state and aiding overall circulation.
By compressing the limb with graduated compression – strongest at the ankle and decreasing going u p the leg – the compression stocking helps the venous return, decreases venous pressure, prevents venous stasis, reduces edema and deterioration of venous walls, and relieves aching and heavy legs by aiding the body in moving blood up the leg against the pull of gravity.
To be most effective, the socks or stockings should be put on at the start of the day and removed before going to bed. Wearing SIGVARIS graduated compression is vital for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and other circulatory problems.
- SIGVARIS ACCESS compression stockings feature lasting microfiber softness in a graduated medical compression hose. This traditionally designed hosiery features a reinforced heel area, a wide toe area and is designed to stay in place.
- BEST FOR: Painful, fatigued, or aching legs, spider veins, post-vein treatment (stripping, ligation, phlebectomy, sclero, EVLT, RF ablation), orthostasis/postural hypotension, containment of venous edema and early stages of lymphedema.
- COMPRESSION LEVEL: Graduated Compression of 15-20mmHg – Integrated pressure release zone with added length and reduced compression in foot area for improved comfort and increase venous blood flow.
- FRIENDLY TO YOUR SKIN: Featuring advanced moisture management that keeps legs cool and dry, the stretchy knit construction provides a high degree of elasticity. The comfortable material is constructed from double-covered yarn that easily glides on and off.
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE: Featuring a durable construction combined with a smooth opaque look for ultimate comfort. CARE: Hand washing is recommended, but you may machine wash on the gentle cycle with garment turned inside out.