The ossur foot up ankle brace uses an ankle inlay design to assist the ankle with dorsiflexion to achieve normal toe clearance during walking. Unlike ankle foot orthosis models constructed out of hard plastic, the foot up has a breathable ankle cuff strap that is secured around the ankle for support. The ankle brace cuff attaches to a clear plastic inlay that fits between the tongue of the shoe and the laces. With each step the cuff pulls on the inlay to assist clearing the foot to produce a normal stride. This ankle brace is our lowest profile model, and comfortably fits inside almost any shoe. It is designed to be used for mild to moderate cases of foot drop where the patient can moderately assist with dorsiflexion of the ankle. This revolutionary orthosis provides visible improvement in the patient’s gait by providing support the moment the foot is raised. Yet, it is incredibly simple to fit and practically invisible when worn. The ossur foot up is a lightweight ankle foot orthosis engineered to provide dynamic support for drop foot. It is designed to be used for mild to moderate cases of foot drop where the patient can moderately assist with dorsiflexion of the ankle. It is available in beige or black.
- Revolutionary orthosis provides visible improvement in gait by supporting the foot
- Cushioned ankle wrap that is made of breathable, 3-layer material that can be worn for long periods of time
- Included plastic inlay fits discreetly between the tongue and laces of the shoe
- Foot-Up shoe-less wrap is available and sold separately
- Leg sizing is universal, but ankle circumference is required for each size. Medium ankle circumference is 7 to 8.25″. Large is 8.5 to 10.25″. X-Large is 10.5 to 13″