The BraceAbility Orthowedge Forefoot Off-Loading Healing Shoe is a unique orthopedic shoe designed for individuals healing from a broken toe or recovering from toe surgery such as a bunionectomy (surgery to repair a bunion). In some cases, this orthowedge shoe can be used for Ulcers, foot or toe infections, and pain in the ball of the foot from trauma or metatarsalgia. The orthowedge shoe protects the forefoot and toes with its dorsi-angle bottom which shifts weight back to the midfoot and heel to promote healing and comfort. The EVA insole is a special addition to the orthowedge shoe which provides lightweight support, increasing the comfortability of the shoe for the patient. One unique feature of the orthowedge shoe that sets it apart from other post surgical boots or shoes is its 15 degree angle bottom. This angle allows users to shift their weight to the mid and heel area of the foot. The lack of pressure on the front of the foot and toes reduces pain and gives the affected or injured area a chance to heal correctly. The square toe design of the orthowedge shoe is extremely spacious for comfort and acts as a protective bumper against further damage or infection to the toes. There are a number of conditions for which treatment requires limited to no weight bearing on the front of the foot. This orthowedge is an easy, comfortable solution to limit weight bearing on the foot without conflicting with mobility unlike crutches or other treatment options. The bunionectomy shoe as a whole allows additional space for bandaging and swelling. The Velcro top closure of the shoe is adjustable so one can adjust for comfortability. The orthowedge shoe is available for kids, men, and women in sizes S-XL. To determine which size you would need, view our sizing chart and find your shoe size, then choose the corresponding size. Remember to accommodate for bandaging or casts.
- BEFORE YOU BUY view our sizing chart (the 2nd image). The post-op wedge shoe fits US men’s, women’s and some big kid’s shoe sizes. To accommodate heavy bandaging, order half a shoe size up. Wear on your right or left foot. Medium weighs 13 ounces.
- Designed for individuals healing from a broken toe, metatarsal fracture, diabetic foot ulcer or recovering from forefoot surgery such as a bunionectomy, hammertoe or mallet toe correction.
- Protects your forefoot and toes with its 15-degree dorsi-angle bottom, forcing you to shift your weight to your heel when walking. The lack of pressure on the front of your foot and toes reduces pain and promotes recovery.
- Square-toe design is spacious for comfort and acts as a protective bumper against further damage. Adjustable medical-grade fastener straps easily accommodate bandaging and swelling.
- Soft, durable material is breathable for all-day comfort during treatment. The removable and lightweight, orthopedic foam insole provides heel support, cushioning and shock absorption.