The Battle XFAST (eXternal Functional Ankle Support Technology) is a patented one of a kind “over-the-cleat” ankle support system that nearly eliminates the most frequently occurring athletic injury, the sprained ankle. Current practices of ankle care for the athlete include bracing for the injured or taping for prevention. These practices, while necessary, restrict motion considerably diminishing speed and agility. In addition, over-stabilization of the ankle can “transfer” the risk of injury to the athlete’s knees or hips. Until now, there was always a compromise between performance and protection when it came to protecting the ankle. Our cutting edge technology allows for a normal full active range of motion of the lower leg during play and engages its protective component only when the ankle enters a danger zone of unintended motion. After 20 years of research and development by a NCAA Division I Head Athletic Trainer, the XFAST is the only product of it’s kind that can serve as a normal piece of equipment to protect the healthy ankle and assist the injured ankle without immobilizing the joint complex.
- Only bracing system that delivers maximum protection without sacrificing performance
- Ultra-lightweight, over-the-cleat design eliminates the discomfort associated with traditional internal bracing
- Allows for a full active range of motion and engages its protective component only when ankle enters danger zone
- Unlike traditional braces, the XFAST ELIMINATES torque transfer to the knee and hip, greatly reducing the risk of knee and hip injury
- Optimal performance with all low-profile cleats and most mids