The Aircast AirHeel Ankle Brace treats plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and heel pain by applying pulsating compression with every step, which helps reduce swelling and enhance circulation. The Aircast AirHeel is equipped with two interconnected aircells, located under the foot arch and in back of the Achilles tendon. When you take a step, the first air chamber (under the arch) begins to collapse thus reducing the stress to the plantar fascia under the arch. Air is forced into the chamber surrounding the Achilles tendon, which then inflates. The inflated Achilles chamber applies compression to the Achilles tendon to shorten the lever arm, therefore reducing strain on the tendon. Made of a latex-free, compression spandex with aircells incased in waterproof nylon. The aircells have been tested with 1000 lbs. of pressure to withstand the force from running, jumping and landing, and other high impact activities. The Aircast AirHeel ankle brace is already inflated, so no pump is needed. It’s easy to wear, simply slip the brace on like a sock, and adjust the Velcro strap for the proper fit. The universal fit allows the Aircast AirHeel to be worn on either the left or right foot. The Aircast AirHeel is constructed of lightweight, breathable materials, making this brace extremely comfortable.
- Designed with 2 interconnected air cells, located under the foot arch and in back of the Achilles tendon
- Air cell technology provides pulsating pneumatic compression that minimizes swelling and enhances circulation
- Tested with 1,000 lbs. of pressure, enabling the air cells to withstand the force from running, jumping and other high impact activities
- Constructed of lightweight, breathable materials so it’s extremely comfortable to wear
- Universal fit allows the Aircast AirHeel Ankle Support Brace to be worn on either the left or right foot