The Aircast AirHeel Ankle Support Brace treats plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and heel pain by applying pulsating compression with every step, which helps reduce swelling and enhance circulation. The medial/lateral stabilizers offer enhanced proprioception and stability. It’s designed with 2 interconnected air cells, located under the foot arch and in back of the Achilles tendon. When you take a step, the first air chamber (under the arch) begins to collapse, thus reducing the stress to the plantar fascia under the arch. Air is then forced into the chamber surrounding the Achilles tendon, which in turn inflates. The inflated Achilles chamber applies compression to the Achilles tendon to shorten the lever arm, therefore reducing strain on the tendon. It’s made of a latex-free, compression spandex with air cells incased in waterproof nylon. These air cells have been tested with 1,000 lbs. of pressure, which enables them to withstand the force from running, jumping and landing, and other high impact activities. The Aircast AirHeel Support Brace is already inflated, so no pump is needed. It’s constructed of lightweight, breathable materials so it’s extremely comfortable to wear. Simply slip the support brace on like a sock, and adjust the Velcro strap for a custom fit. Universal fit allows the Aircast AirHeel Ankle Support Brace to be worn on either the left or right foot.
- Designed with 2 interconnected air cells, located under the foot arch and in back of the Achilles tendon
- Air cell technology provides pulsating pneumatic compression that minimizes swelling and enhances circulation
- Tested with 1,000 lbs. of pressure, enabling the air cells to withstand the force from running, jumping and other high impact activities
- Medial/lateral stabilizers offer enhanced proprioception and stability
- Universal fit allows the Aircast AirHeel Ankle Support Brace to be worn on either the left or right foot