Truform-OTC brand (model 0837) ventilated above knee (AK) stump shrinker with expandable gusset. Typically used to reduce or control swelling in the residual limb of a new below knee amputee patient by applying circular compression. The compression should be greatest at the distal end of the stump and gradually lessen toward the thigh.
Use For: Prevention of edema at the distal end of the residual limb (stump)
- Single piece one-way stretch surgical weight elastic construction.
- Slightly tapered expansion gusset at the groin prevents irritation.
- Universally adjustable elastic waist band with contact closure.
- Medical grade quality material ensures positive blood flow and skin health. Available in 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 inches in length.
- Sized by circumferences at the distal end of the residual limb and at the upper thigh, and the length of the stump. Available Sizes: Small (13 to 16 inches), Medium (16 to 19 inches), Large (19 to 22 inches), and X-Large 22 to 25 inches).